Friday, October 17, 2008

Mama's Got A New Do...again...


Yep, I traveled to the big city to get my hair done. It happens every 6-8 weeks, and I love it. What is it about getting your hair done that just makes your toes curl? Is it the massage during the shampoo? Is it the truly decadent feeling you get from being pampered? Is it that you really have to just give up the control that you normally possess and relax? I don't know. I just know that I LOVE getting my hair done.


I travel a great distance to get my hair done, and a pay a great amount of money. In my defense, I have grey hair and have had gray hair since I was in high school. (Grey or gray? I need a dictionary. Which grey/gray is it?) I also have naturally curly hair which is not easy to cut. That being said, Tim likes it better when I'm happy so he doesn't care. We have the don't ask don't tell philosophy in our household. If you really, truly don't want to know the answer just keep your mouth shut!


My stylist is awesome. I sit in the chair, he says, "What are we going to do with your hair today?" I reply, "My hair? It is your hair, ******." He laughs and says, "OK. It is always fun to experiment with your hair, Robyn." Good, because I'm going to sit in your chair for the next hour and a half and talk about my children and ask questions about yours. Anyway, ****** is great with hair, and I never have to worry about what I'm going to look like when I walk out. He always make me look classy! One think that Ashley has noticed, my hair keeps getting shorter. Hmmm... is shorter hair easier to color? Is ****** trying to pull a fast one on me? He once commented that he was trying to make me look younger. Does short hair make you look younger? If your hair length makes you look younger...can it make you look thinner? I want to look thinner. Maybe I will ask him next time... So, because you didn't ask, and I don't care what you think (Larry) I will post my "new do" photos. All one of them because that is all I could get Tim to take! OK - he took two and I had to promise to post the first. (I'm so embarrassed.)


Tim's first attempt at photographing my hair... hmm... a little higher please....


The advantage to actually contributing to the blog is that I can resize the photo. No, nothing is ever really fair, but I do keep my word...


This first attempt is revenge for the "butt" shot he found. Who knew that he occasionally perused my blog? I had no idea the man even knew what a blog was. He is becoming a computer nerd. OK - far from it, but he can turn it on, email, use attachments, and he is darn good at finding the games.


Tim's second attempt at photographing my hair.

The rest are simply fun photos that Ashley took. I pitched a major hissy fit the other day because I don't have any photos of me with my children. I'm always behind the camera. Tim's mom, bless her, has taken a few photos and she printed them for me to keep. Maybe I'll scan them and post them... Enjoy my Friday night photos...

No comments: