Thursday, October 2, 2008

Ashley's Chicken Coop...

For this year's SAE project in FFA, Ashley decided to raise hens. (Never fear you beef lovers. She is still raising heifers and steers. The hens are just simply to add eggs and even more animals to our ever expanding household.) At first, I was sceptical. Since I have seen the finished project (well, the hen house anyway) I'm a believer. Ashley first found a blueprint on line. Then, in Ashley fashion, she modified it. Does anyone in our family ever leave well enough alone? I think not! Check out the work that was done.

Our first step was to go to Home Depot and purchase the supplies. Not wanting to be left out, I decided to make the trip a family outing. What the hell was I thinking? Three kids under the age of 2 all trying to fit in one two seater cart, with a teenager that doesn't want to be embarrassed by the psychotic mother wielding a camera at every chance she got... Poor Ashley. She is such a good sport.

It is such an early start for the weekend... Building...


No comments: