Thursday, October 30, 2008

Clothes...they are a beautiful thing...


My closet is full. Not something that most women admit (because we never have anything to wear!), but it is true. My dilemna however, is that it is becomeing bare! (See ~ I have an excuse that I don't have anything to wear!)
See all of the hangers that appear empty? They aren't! They hold my tank tops, trousers, pants, and jeans. I seldom wear any of the long pants. Why do I keep them?

I used to have a ton of clothes. Now I simply have a lot. (Sounds like a math problem: Robyn used to have 27 pair of Birkenstocks, now she has 18. How many Birkenstocks did she send to Goodwill?)

When I stopped teaching, and I was simply a stay at home mom to a teenager, I wore slightly more casual clothes ~ so I took a couple trash bags full of professional clothing to Goodwill.
Then, I became a mom to infant twins, and my wardrobe changed again. I wore more tennis shoes, shorts, capris, and t-shirts. Again, the load delivered to Goodwill was immense. The idea of teaching again is a long way off. Fashions will change as well as the size of my butt. Now that we have a 2 year old ~ again, I'm off to Goodwill. The sad, pathetic reality is this: I wear the same 10 outfits all the time. I have 2 favorite pair of jeans, 2 favorite pair of sneakers, t-shirts (unknow number ~ not many) that I wear, 6 pair of shorts, and 3 pair of capris. Those of my favs. (Yes, I have a lot more clothes in my closet, but I DON'T WEAR THEM!)

Is there anyone out there that does the same? Have I lived in this small town so long that I have forsaken all fashion sense, and abandonded my sanity and sense of good fashion? Or is it that I'm just lazy and don't like having so many options? (My hair is in a pony tail, again.)



Tell me, what is your favorite outfit?
Do you wear the same outfits over and over?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! You're the brave one - showing photos of your closet! Mine is full of stuff I don't wear. I tend to wear the same 4 outfits over and over again. Wash them, wear them. Wash them. Wear them. I think I need to go shopping.

Robyn said...

I know! That is why I'm purging my closet! I figure if I literally have NOTHING to wear ~ then I have to either determine I'm happy with my 10 outfits OR buy new clothes. Buying new clothes is so much fun!!!