Sunday, January 11, 2009

Aiden and Isaiah Turn 1 !


Hip Hip Hurray!
We made it to the one year mark.

When the twins were born, other people with twins would say, "Well, if you make it to the first year, you'll do fine." I always wondered if I actually had an option. I remember one time asking Tim, "Are you kidding me? Did he just say, "if?" Raising twins is definitely a challenge, but throw in a 2 1/2 year old midstream, and you have an obstacle course. We just started working out harder, and now we are so thankful for all that we have.

The boys actually turned one on Saturday, Jan. 10th, but Ashley had a soccer game in another town. (A town that was a 3 hour and 15 minute ride!) Needless to say, we didn't celebrate much. I told Stephan (our 2 YO) that it was the babies birthday. He said, "Oh, I like birthdays!" Then he walked to Isaiah's crib, and said "Happy Birthday YaYah." He would break out in the birthday song periodically throughout the day. It was so sweet!
So, we celebrated on Sunday (today)...

The boys had a wonderful day. It started out by attending church. Their favorite nursery ladies (Auntie Deb and Ms. Charlotte) were there. (Although, first thing Aiden did was fall right into the corner of the door. Yikes. It even scared Tim ~ he doesn't scare easy.) Then, at the end of the service, we had the boys (all three of them) dedicated. Having the boys dedicated was very important to me. It was such a special moment. I couldn't have chosen a better day to have them dedicated either. We had a beautiful young lady come forward today to give her testimony, and also to talk about the Sanctity of Family. She did a fabulous job. A lot of our family was in church for the service and it was just a special morning.

Then for the fun stuff! We headed home for lunch, presents, and cake and ice cream. (The cake is always my favorite part!)

Aiden, my neat eater (kinda), took nice small bites. Isaiah, my messy boy, took the entire piece of cake and shoved it into his mouth. I was dying laughing. I don't have any picts of it because I was videoing it.







Happy Birthday Boys!

No comments: