Saturday, January 2, 2010

Super Nanny I Am...

NOT!
I am weak...
I am easily amused...
I am totally snowballed...
I tend to spoil...
I am weak.

We decided that the boys were ready to sleep in toddler beds.
(Yes, we are delusional.)
So, I asked Ashley to assemble to the beds.
(because she's good at stuff like that ~ and I felt her eyes needed a break from reading)
When Ashley became jaded with the assembly...(she put the rail on upside down)
Dad and Isaiah took over...

Isaiah is holding the bed steady for dad.  He is a good helper.


I think Isaiah must be telling daddy how to do it the right way...

That night...
I tucked Aiden and Isaiah into their toddler beds, kissed them goodnight, and walked out of the room.  (Closing the door of course.)

I could hear giggling,
I could hear squealing,
I could hear maracas shaking,...
but I did not go in.

Then, the door slowly opened, but quickly was shut.
4 times this went on.
Finally, I peaked at the door as it was opening. 
Aiden was opening the door, but Isaiah, knowing what was awaiting, kept shutting it.  I told them to get back into bed.
They giggled and laughed, but made it to the bed, maracas and all.

Over the course of the next 1 1/2 hours, I would go in and put them back into their beds, take away toys that might be hazardous, and shut the closet door.

Then, finally, the gift...
complete silence.
I didn't know whether to rejoice or worry...

Isaiah saved me the trouble... out he crept.
All I had to do at that point was whisper, "Get back in bed."
He slammed the door, and ran to his bed.

Aiden, as is his usual habit, awoke at 10:30 and wanted out.  He was standing at the door crying.

This is where he ended up...



In my bed!
With my cat snuggled up with him!

Before I snuggled in for the night, I had to take one last glimpse into the toddler bedroom...

Here was Isaiah, on the far bed with Aiden's blankets,
the other bed had his stuffed animals, another blanket, Pokey Little Puppy book, and flip flops. We had an extra crib mattress so we had put it next to the bed in case they did a lot of rolling around and fell out of bed. (we have concrete floors)   You can see the boot that was obviously removed from the closet as well.

That was the first and last night that they slept in their toddler beds. 
We'll try again later this week...

No comments: