Monday, January 11, 2010

Post #2

While waiting for an adoption placement...I decided to take a watercolor class.  I found that, although I love to paint, I'm not super great at it.  I have to work really hard at it.  Watercolor is not as easy as it looks...
One of the things that we did on a daily basis was take photographs of things we would like to draw or paint.  It was a daily assignment.  I loved it.  I love taking pictures.  Here is one of my favorites...yep, I even painted it.  :)  Simple lines, simple life, ... I can totally envision myself sitting in the boat with a good book, cooler with dark chocolate, bottles of water, and some cheese,  (No wine - I'm alone and I might not be able to make it back to shore.) a few cushions and a blanket to recline on.  Of course, I would need a pedicure before lifting anchor...



Back to reality...
The painting was matted, framed, and presented to my father for his birthday that year. 

It started out as a joke.  I took pictures of a lot of boats that day, texted my dad that I found the perfect boat for him, and sent him this picture.  I actually like the serenity of the boat, but most of all, I love the taco shop on the dock that the boat was attached to.

No comments: