Wednesday, December 28, 2011

The Family Photoshoot!

Each year, I want a picture Christmas card.  Each year, I get...
ugghh...
I'm not available then...
Just Photoshop me in...
WaY too many excuses to make this mommy happy.

When it got down to the last minute, I pulled out the big guns...
GUILT!
Now, this has to be played just right...
otherwise...
it backfires.

This year...
it almost backfired.
Ashley didn't care.  She doesn't like to be in pictures, and Tim HATES to have anything to do with a camera!

So, while on our way to Grandma's for Sunday night dinner...
we detoured to the local park...

I was armed with my tripod and a friend of Ashley's.
I figured I would set up the photo, and all Marco had to do was "shoot"!

Here is what we came up with...

This one is cute...
I can work with the shadows...
however...
do you see the kid in the front?
Seriously?  I FINALLY get my time with the family, and "goofy" shows up.

Now, we are talking!  Picture #4, and I'm feeling pretty good. 
See ~ now that wasn't so bad, right?
By now, Tim decided we had a good one and we should go home...
I had other ideas.  I like choices.  I wanted a water shot!  Down to the creek we go!

Between Aiden's hand placement and Tyler's cheesie smile...
this was a No!

Isaiah was being a goof ball and trying to "fall" into the water.

The thing about having multiple children...
is getting ALL of them looking at the camera at the same time, all smiling at the same time, and all cooperating at the same time! 

When you get a man who is "pacifying" his wife, a moody teenager, and three "cRaZY" little boys...
there will be funny moments. 
I'm so glad we had Marco to go with us and grab a few of the poses that I "set up"!

Ugghhh....what is Tyler looking at?


The kids are getting grumpy...
Dad is beyond ready to leave...
but Mommy isn't done!
Grumpy Aiden had BETTER turn that frown upside down!

I kinda like this one, but I wasn't sure...
There was one more spot on the way to the truck that I wanted to try out.
(Maybe this is why they don't like taking family photos...I'm picky!)
...and then...
we get a good one!

A little tweaking...
and that is the one hanging on our wall!

Enjoy a few random shots from the 30 minutes that we were at the park!
Ashley & Isaiah

Dad & Aiden


Marco ~ My "shoot" man!
Since he is wearing Ashley's letterman jacket...
we decided to say the "M" stands for Marco...
not Mingus!  (His high school rival...)

My boys!


Ashley & Marco

The Kids!

There is this really amazing tree that I tried to climb this summer when I had the kids at the park for the Spring/Father's Day photoshoot.  Tim, being a much better climber than I, went right up the tree to take the kid pict.  I love these kinds of pictures.

Here is Tim!
I snapped a photo of him while he was on his way down from the tree...
itsn't this a great tree?

I love my crazy family...
even when I'm fighting with them to take a good picture!

No comments: