Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Devil's Bridge

This last October, Tim and I spent the weekend in Sedona for our 18th wedding anniversary.
We love the location because it is close to home (which means less driving and more quality alone time), and it offers a variety of hikes for me to explore!

Saturday morning I chose "Devil's Bridge"

Yup...that's me!



This is the bridge from below.  Isn't it absolutely amazing?
The truly amazing part is how it is being held up...
the rock formation on the right is simply a bunch of rocks piled together.  It just doesn't seem sturdy...
and yet, we kept moving forward!

Here's Tim...exploring the crevices along the trail.
I love the red rock of Sedona.
You can see so much history!


Awww...aren't we cute?

Here we made it to the top of the Bridge.
Tim is on the far side simply "being still with God."
It was very awe inspiring...when at the top, I just wanted to sit and listen.
It was spiritual in the God sense, not the whole crystal cruncher sense.

Christ "is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. For by him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things were created by him and for him." (Colossians 1:15-16)




Do you see the crevice to the left of Tim?
What exactly is there to hold this huge slab of rock up and together?

Here we are below again...on our way out.

OK - here is the bridge...now look above it to that weird looking rock...I made Tim find a way to get there...
I'll tell you about it another time...

It was fun...until I slid off the edge!

No comments: