Wednesday, February 23, 2011

18 Years of Wedded Bliss...

Side note:  This post was started and suppose to be in October of 2010...It is now February of 2011...
Yes, we are still married ~ no, the weekend was not last weekend...it was 4 months ago.
Remember I said I was trying to get caught up?

Colossians 3:14

And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity. (NIV)




Don't we still look 20 and 23?
OK - maybe not.

We spent our anniversary weekend in Sedona.  Tim  let me have free reign over all the plans.  I'm so lucky!

Friday night was dinner at Picazzo's Pizzaria.  If you've never had pizza there...go try it!  It is organic and gluten free (so I can eat there!), and I really like it there!  Then back to the room for endless hours of TV!  We don't have cable in our house.  If you live in Camp Verde that translates into...no reception!  We take full advantage of ignoring each other and having our own tvs (Tim in the living room ~ me in the bedroom.  We had a 1 bedroom suite)!  Not romantic...but a lot of fun.  I ended up falling asleep early!

After sleeping in on Saturday morning,  we made a quick trip to Safeway for bagels and fruit then we headed to a hike that I've been wanting to try.  Devil's Bridge.  It was an amazing hike.  So much fun! 

Back to the hotel for a quick swim while TIM MADE LUNCH FOR ME!!!  Margheritta pizza.  (Have you figured out what my favorite food is?)  More cable tv watching...reading...napping...total relaxation!

Saturday night's dinner was at Dahl & DiLuca.  Our concierge made the reservation for us.  It was heavenly!  We had a private booth with a curtain to keep us secluded from the rest of the restaurant, and they sprinkled rose petals on the table.  Very sweet.  The food was great.  Tim is ready to go back again, but after exploring the restaurant after dinner, we decided that we want to sit "in the open" next time.  The ambience is very open and friendly.

Sunday brought another hike (Bear Sign Trail)...this one was leisurely.  Very leisurely....almost boring!  Time spent with my honey is always nice though.  (Yes, I was a bad girl...I broke our tradition of trying a new church each location we visit.  Being in the beauty and splendor of God's glory both days though...I totally felt Him with us.)

Back to reality...and here's to another 18 years...

No comments: