Saturday, March 28, 2009

1st Dentist Visit


At the boys' one year check up, the pediatrician suggested I take the boys to the dentist. I figured that since it was time to take Tyler why not take all three? (Yep, I continually set myself up for this stuff. After a year, I should know better.)


Fortunately, my friend, Ms. Morgan, was able to go with us. She doesn't like it when I take her picture. Sorry, Morgan. You know me and my camera.

Ms. Morgan holding Isaiah. He hates sitting in the stroller, and all he had to do was wimper and Ms. Morgan would pick him up. She's such a sucker! Guess that's why we love her!

Aiden couldn't stop staring at the computer. It was full of very bright colors and he just loved it.



Here, Dr. Mitzi is explaining to Tyler that her gloves smell like grapes, and would he like her to open his new toothbrush? Doesn't it look like they are in a boat? Very cool office.



The experience was pleasant, but expensive. Tyler will continue with his six month checkups on a regular basis, but the twins will go every 12-18 months. The dentist was amazing with the kids, and her staff was very friendly. I think I scared them a little walking in with all of my kids. Thank goodness they had three hygenists that day! Enjoy the photos - check out the painting on the wall. The entire office is amazing. I was too shy to walk around taking photos! One exam room is all red/black/white Dr. Suess, another is Nemo, there is an arcade, internet, salt water fish tank, sports paraphenalia, and so much more. The orthodontist who owns the building, and has his practice there as well, hired a Disney painter to come in and do all of the painting. The orthodonture section is painted with BRIGHT - BOLD colors. Truly amazing.



Aiden went first. He has eight teeth with four coming in.

Next was Isaiah, he has 12 teeth with 4 coming in. We should call him chomper. His teeth are very crowded. he will need extractions. I can't wait.

Finally, it was Tyler's turn. He is at that age where he is very inquisitive. He talked to the Doc, looked at the computer, looked in the cabinets, looked at EVERYTHING he could before he got caught! He did a pretty good job of sitting still this visit. He wasn't ready to sit in the BIG chair yet, so we decided to wait until next time. (Looks like he's sitting in a boat, huh?)


Picts of the kids playing before shoving them back into their carseats for the drive home.
Thanks for helping Ms. Morgan!

No comments: