Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Random Thoughts at Some Insane Time of the Morning

Tim, Ashley, and Isaiah

It is 5:00 am and I can't sleep! I hate when this happens.


I had Bunco last night so the boys didn't go to bed right on time. It wasn't such a big deal - we just fed a little later that was all. Well, apparently it threw off their schedule. I woke at 3:00 am in a panic. Normally they eat around 2:00 am. I didn't hear them so I went running in to make sure they were still breathing. Yep - all was well. They were sleeping soundly. So, what do I do? Toss and turn. I know they are going to wake up as soon as I drift off. That was driving me crazy. I hate to lay in bed and not be able to sleep. As soon as I got out of bed to check the emails, Isaiah woke up to be fed. Aiden is still asleep. We will see how long this is going to last. I'm not waking them during the night to feed anymore. I figure if they are going to sleep - I'm going to let them. They both weight enough now.


So - Bunco... it was at my house last night. The house wasn't as clean as I wanted it, but it worked. I made a new dessert recipe. It is called Banana Cream Brownie Squares.


Here is the recipe:


Banana Cream Brownie Squares


1 pkg brownie mix

3 medium bananas
1 1/4 cups cold milk

1 pkg (5.1 oz) instant vanilla pudding and pie filling

1 container (8 oz) whip cream topping


Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare brownie mix according to package directions. Bake. Cool completely. (I did this part in the morning to give it plenty of time to cool)


Slice 2 bananas. Layer over brownie. Whisk pudding mix into milk; beat until mixture just begins to thicken. Fold in 2 1/2 cups whipped topping. Quickly spread pudding mixture over sliced bananas. Refrigerate 30 minutes.


To serve, cut into squares; put a dollop of whip cream on.


I served it cold, but I think I would like it better closer to room temperature. The brownie was a little hard because it had been in the fridge. My piece sat on the counter while I cleaned, then I ate it - it was nice and soft and chewy because it was closer to room temperature.

No comments: