Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Pie Kisses...or Kiss Pies...

Do you ever get bored and find that you just need to bake?
Well, that was me.  I was checking out a favorite site of mine, Frugal Girls, and came across this recipe.
It looked good.
It looked easy.
I had all the ingredients.
Let's give it a try.

Roll out the pie dough and cut circles.
(Big enough to cover a Hershey Kiss.)

Although I'm not afraid to employ child labor...
I'm not a fan of kids cooking in the kitchen with me.
Don't ask me why.
I don't like it.
BUT...
I do it.

Tyler was very helpful - and precise - when topping the pie crusts with candy.


Then along came the Littles...
just in time to do the egg white brushing...

... and the sprinkling of sugar...

I even cut out little letters for each of their names from the pie crust.
Susie Homemaker...
NOT!
Baked and sprinkled with powdered sugar...


The boys getting ready to eat their letters!

My opinion on the Kiss Pies...
they were a little to dry for my liking.  Maybe it was the crust - who knows.
It was a fun project, but we won't be making them again.

Smiles and Laughter!

No comments: