Sunday, June 13, 2010

California or Bust....

We are in route to California as I type.  I love my new MiFii from Verizon.  :) 
I can:
  • blog - because I'm bored, have time, don't have kids with me, have my external hard drive with pictures to add, and I have mobile air time!
  • mapquest - thank goodness because the gps decided to go to sleep...for a very long time!  We are going to some friends house for dinner.  I would really like to make it on time.  I don't like to miss dinner! 
  • Facebook - because I've joined that cult of friends.  It's almost as addicting as Starbucks, dark chocolate, and red wine.
  • PhotoShop - because I have time without kids!  The freeways are bumpy, but I might get a photo blog ready for you lovely readers of mine!  (all 4 of you...)
Roth Reporter
The News...from our house to yours...
Ashley
Ashley left for church camp last Saturday.  75 kids, 11 adults, 2 large school busses, one truck with so much luggage piled in the back that is was slightly squatted.  She won't be back until this coming Sunday.  They attend a camp in the mountains of California so it takes 2 days to get there and back.
It is funny to watch the kids when she is gone.  Isaiah checks her room daily...Sissy?  Sissy?  Then he wanders calling for her.  Tyler and Aiden don't go near her room.  She has a pirate that lives in there and if they enter it will eat them.
Tyler is in swim lessons.  As long as he has his goggles he can go under water.  He is really enjoying the class this year.  Yippee!  He desperately needs a hair cut, and he reminds me daily, but my clippers broke and I haven't gone into town to buy new ones yet.  He is loving not going to preschool daily.  He is still waking up at 5:30am though...  Not the kind of summer hours that I like.  He's staying the weekend with Grandpa and Grandma Betty.
Aiden has caught his summer cold.  Every year (the whole two years of his life) he gets a cold when he starts swimming.  This year is no different.  When the swim teacher tells him to put clouds in his mouth before going under (it is suppose to get them to hold their breath) he puts the clouds in his mouth and starts chewing!  The kid loves to eat!
Isaiah is simply waiting for sister to get home.  He is loving swim lessons with Ms. Morgan.  He runs right to her and gets into the water.  He is still struggling with his hips so we are looking for a good pediatric orthopedic doctor in Phoenix. 
Both of the twins have picked up a bunch of words this summer.  It is just amazing!  We are so blessed to have such understanding friends and family when it comes to these two!  Our speech therapist is also happy with their progress.
Tim and I are just planning to have a nice kid-free weekend!

No comments: